The American Dream Home Offers Design, Innovation, Luxury and Technology
Celebrating the 60thyear of the Annual Parade of Homes, the Home Builders Association of West Florida is pleased to bring you the Fall Parade of Homes, set for November 3 – 11, 2018. The Fall Parade of Homes is an exciting event for thousands of attendees who look forward to touring new homes throughout Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties. The Fall Parade of Homes boasts 35 homes in all shapes, sizes, colors and prices ranges.
“The people of Northwest Florida look forward to the Parade of Homes every year, said HBA President Taylor Longsworth of East Hill Building & Design. “And we are thrilled to showcase two Parade of Homes this year. It’s a positive sign that our economy is strong, and our home building professionals are meeting the demands of consumers who need new homes.”
The ever-popular American Dream Home, which is a Gulf Power EarthCents home, is located in the gated community of the Highlands at the Moors, one of the hottest selling communities in Northwest Florida. The Highlands at the Moors, just off Avalon Blvd. in Santa Rosa County, features sidewalks, underground utilities, sewer, and curbs. Residents also have access to the fitness center, pool, tennis courts, kids playground, park and more.
Dream Home Builder, Alton Lister of Lister Builders, LLC, is pleased with the overall design and functionality of the floor plan. “I truly enjoy spending time with my family and friends at home,” said Lister. “I believe the Dream Home captures the essence of being with family and friends, and living comfortably whether you’re entertaining inside or outside. It has been an exciting project and I’m thankful for all the people who played key roles in making this home a reality.”
The Dream Home design is a collaboration between Alton Lister, John Hattaway of Hattaway Home Design and engineered by Dean Spencer of Dean A. Spencer Engineering. The home is 3480 square-feet of spacious living with four bedrooms and 3 1/2 bathrooms including an oversized master bath, one guest suite bath and one joint bedroom bath, and a conveniently located power room.
With a design of an 8/11 roof pitch, the Dream Home incorporates Atlas Pinnacle Pristine Architectural Shingles with Scotchguard protector.The semi-crafted designed exterior features a flow of Hardie Board and Batten Siding, Cedar Shake Siding and warm brick accents. The decorative metal roof is a focal point of the bold front gables. The inviting, decorative exterior blends nicely with two side entry Wayne Dalton Carriage Style garage doors with a single Carriage Style garage door that is set back from the front of the home offers a welcoming focal point and view.
The home, designed for family needs and gracious entertaining, features 10 foot ceiling throughout with a majestic 14 foot cathedral ceiling in the foyer. In addition, specialty ceilings in the master bedroom and guest suite give an overall spacious feel.
Designer and recessed lighting accentuates multiple areas showcasing its beautiful wood floors, ceramic tile, carpet and decorative shower tiles by Act 1 Flooring and Shaw Industries. Adding to the warm atmosphere of the home are indoor hearthside SimpliFire Electric Fireplaces in the living room and master bath, providing a realistic flame and glow. A private porch off the master bedroom is complete with a wood burning fireplace and entertaining space.
The gourmet kitchen features Stile Cabinetry and is accentuated with elegant engineered granite countertops provided by Superior Granite that exude class and functionality. The kitchen is accented with under-the-counter lighting for a warm an elegant experience. The home is equipped with high-end KitchenAid appliances, induction cooktop, French door refrigerator, sound reduction dishwasher, convection microwave and built in wine cooler that add to the overall ambiance. A spacious pantry, complete with shelving from Alpha Closets, is convenient to a kitchen prep area.
For outdoor entertaining, custom 12 foot French door assembly lead from the family room to the rear covered Lanai that is designed with a tongue and groove cathedral ceiling complete with an outdoor kitchen with gas grill, TV outlet and separate sitting area with a welcoming fireplace.
The master bath is an oasis of tranquility with an inviting free standing tub. The two Delta faucets shower heads, body sprays, multiple controls and built-in bench in the walk-in shower enhance the feel of cascading hot water from the Rheem Heat Pump (Hybrid) water heater. The master bath has spacious, separate walk-in closets with wall-to-ceiling shelves.
“The EarthCents features are designed to save money and reduce energy consumption, said Gulf Power Residential Marketing Supervisor Jeff Hatch. “This has been an exciting project for our team of professionals who were involved in the planning before construction began. We made significant recommendations to develop a customized energy-feature package that will benefit the homeowner for years to come.”
Included as part of the latest advancement in energy-efficient building are two Rheem Heat Pump (Hybrid) water heaters. Northwest Florida A/C installed a state-of-the art Carrier 5 Ton/20 SEER Infinity Green Speed System with Zone Control. No other ducted, air source heat pump can beat its 13 HSPF rating for heating efficiency. It’s a winner too, when it comes to cooling. The home is also equipped with innovative, high efficiency VIWINCO Ocean View, Low-E impact resistant vinyl windows and Therma-Tru fiberglass exterior doors that reduce energy costs, protect homes against weather and intruders, enhance beauty, and eliminate noise. Moreover, Coastal Insulation’s open cell foam and BIBS insulation add to the energy efficiency of the home.
Professionally installed by homeNetservice, LLC, the Dream Home incorporates surround sound and outdoor audio, structured wiring and a URC MX Home Pro Automation System that is the very latest in home automation that controls the entertainment and audio systems.
The Dream Home is located in the Highlands at the Moors off Avalon Blvd in Santa Rosa County. It is just minutes from shopping malls, schools, I-10, and downtown Pensacola. The Parade of Homes™ has been a popular attraction since its start in 1958 and is brought to you by the Home Builders Association of West Florida Lister Builders, Gulf Power, Pensacola News Journaland sponsored by Alyssa’s Etc., Digital Now Reprographics, Southern Brass, Truland Homes and University Lending Group.
Open November 3 – 11 with weekend hours from 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m., and weekdays 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Home Builders Association of West Florida
American Dream Home, Gulf Power EarthCents Home
Built by Alton Lister of Lister Builders, LLC
The Highlands at the Moors
5726 Shetland Circle
Milton, FL 32583
- 8/12 Roof Pitch
- Hardie Board and Batten, Hardie-Shake Siding, and Brick to Compliment Plan Design
- 2-Car Side Entry with Wayne Dalton Carriage Style Garage Doors with separate 1-Car Garage with Wayne Dalton Carriage Style Garage Door. Garages Fully Finished with Painted Walls, Ceilings, Baseboard and Floors
- Atlas Pinnacle Pristine Architectural Shingles with Scotchguard protector
- Designer Series Metal Double Front Door
- Gulf Power EarthCents Home
- Viwinco Impact Resistant Windows and Fiberglass Exterior Doors with Low-E Glass
- Carrier 20 SEER Carrier Infinity Green Speed System with Zone Control
- Two Rheem Prestige (Hybrid) Heat Pump Water Heaters.
- Indoor Hearthside SimpliFire Electric Fireplaces and Outdoor Wood Fireplace
- Superior BIBBS insulation in the 2 x 6 exterior walls and Open Cell Spray Foam insulation in ceilings. Insulation used in various interior walls and ceilings for excellent soundproofing.
- Floor Plan Designed with Open Living Area that includes Spacious Indoor and Outdoor Entertaining
- 3,480 Square-Feet. 4 Bedrooms; 3 1/2 baths including oversized Master Bath, 1 Guest Suite bath, 1 joint bedroom bath, Powder Room, and a Spacious Multi-Purpose Room
- 10 Foot Ceilings Throughout w/ Single Tray Ceilings in Master Bedroom and Guest Suite
- 14 Foot Architectural Ceiling with Large Cathedral and Decorative Beams. Living Room area that extends to Rear Lanai
- Shaw Castlewood Oak Engineered Hardwood Flooring in Foyer, Family Room, Kitchen, Dining Room, Hallways and Guest Suite Living Area, Shaw Ceramic tile in bath areas and Laundry Room. All other areas carpeted with Shaw Caress Linen Weave Classic
- Gourmet Kitchen with Custom Cabinets, Soft Close Drawers and Elegant Engineered Granite Countertops
- Spacious Pantry Convenient to Kitchen Prep Area
- Kitchen-Aid Kitchen Appliances including Induction Cooktop, French Door Refrigerator, Single Electric Oven, Dishwasher, and Convection Microwave
- Built in Wine Cooler in Kitchen Cabinets
- Delta Polished Nickel Faucets, Mirabelle Sinks and Pro-Flo toilets, Mirabelle free Standing Tub and Delta Jetted Shower System in Master Shower, Tile Walk-In Shower, Large Vanity Cabinet with Linen Tower included, and separate Make-up Area
- Large Separate Master Closets with Custom Shelving in Both Closets
- Coat and Shoe Station in Rear Hallway
- All Closets have Custom Shelving Built-In
- Designer Lighting Package with Recessed Lighting in Multiple Areas and Under Counter Lighting in Kitchen
- URC MX Home Pro Automation System, Structured Wiring, Surround Sound and Outdoor audio
- Private Porch off Master Bedroom with Wood Burning Fireplace and Entertaining space
- Large 12’ French Door Assembly that Open to Lanai
- Indoor Hearthside SimpliFire Electric Fireplaces in Living Room and Master Bath
- Outdoor Kitchen with Stainless Steel Gas Grill
- Crown Molding and Cased Windows in many areas with Craftsman Baseboard and Casing Throughout
- Large Laundry Room designed for Washer and Dryer
- Deluxe Landscaping Package w/ Sprinkler System
- Guest Suite Living Area has Private Entrance with Exterior Door
- Fully Sodded Yard with Custom Landscape Design and Planting
- Gutters and Downspouts with Drains