Westerheim Properties Builds a Superb American Dream Home for 2020 Parade of Homes
The 62ndAnnual Parade of Homes™, hosted by the Home Builders Association of West Florida, is an exciting event for thousands of attendees who look forward to touring new homes throughout Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties. The Parade of Homes was rescheduled to September 12-20, because of COVID-19, with 36 homes to showcase in Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties.
“The people of Northwest Florida look forward to the Parade of Homes every year,” said HBA President Blaine Flynn of Flynn Built, LLC. “It has certainly been a challenging time for everyone with the pandemic, but I am proud of our home building professionals who are meeting the demands of consumers who need new homes.”
The ever-popular American Dream Home, which is a Pensacola Energy Natural Gas Advantage Elite Home, is located in East Pensacola Heights off Scenic Highway. Dream Home Builder Thomas Westerheim, of Westerheim Properties, is pleased with the overall design and functionality of the floor plan. “This home has certainly been an exciting project for me,” said Westerheim. “East Pensacola Heights has a unique history and I wanted to make sure this home would complement the neighborhood. I believe the Dream Home captures the essence of being with family and friends and living comfortably whether you’re entertaining inside or outside in the cabana area. I’m thankful for all the people who played key roles in making this home a reality.”
The Dream Home is a spacious, two story, 2,342 square-foot, four bedrooms and 3 1/2 bathrooms, and a sizeable detached cabana entertaining area. With a design of an 6/12 roof pitch, the Dream Home incorporates CertainTeed Landmark shingles for reliability.The designed exterior features a flow of Hardie Board and Batten, Hardie-Lap Siding, and Brick to compliment the natural surroundings.
The home, designed for family needs and gracious entertaining, features 9-foot ceiling throughout. Designer and recessed lighting, from Gateway Lighting, accentuates multiple areas showcasing its beautiful flooring provided by Gene’s Floor Covering. Mohawk RevWood Sandcastle Oak is the main flooring in great room, master bedroom, kitchen foyer and dining room. Other areas include Tile Shaw Revival Isabella Agate Deco Tile, Velocity Force Herringbone Deco Tile, Cabana Bath Chicago Southside Brick Tile and Shaw Revival Isabella Agate Deco Tile. The Master Shower is complete with Titan Aqua Glossy with Bianca Carrara Penny Rounds Tile.
The gourmet kitchen features West Florida Cabinets custom cabinetry with a backsplash accentuated with Divine Chronos Mosaics. Emerald Coast Granite and Tile provided the elegant quartz countertops that exude class and functionality. The kitchen is accented under-the-counter lighting that blend nicely with the Moen faucets, and stainless-steel sinks for a warm an elegant experience. The home is equipped with Bosch appliances, including Natural Gas Range-Micro Drawer, French Door Refrigerator, Dishwasher, and Microwave Drawer that add to the overall ambiance.
For outdoor entertaining, 350 Square-Foot detached Cabana that is complete with an outdoor kitchen with stainless steel gas grill, a convenient half-bath and storage room
The master bath is an oasis of tranquility with an inviting free-standing soaking tub. The Moen showerheads add to the opulence of relaxation and enhance the feel of cascading hot water from the Rinnai Natural Gas tankless water heater. The master bath has spacious, walk-in closets with built-in Alpha Closet shelves.
“Pensacola Energy Natural Gas Advantage Elite Home features are designed to save money and reduce energy consumption,” said Marketing Manager Jill Grove, of Pensacola Energy. “This has been an exciting project for our team of professionals who were involved in the planning before construction began. We made significant recommendations to develop a customized energy-feature package that will benefit the homeowner for years to come.”
Included as part of the latest advancement in energy-efficient building are Rinnai Natural Gas Tankless water heater. Northwest Florida A/C installed a state-of-the art Carrier Infinity, four-ton, 18 SEER, zone control natural gas system. The home is also equipped with innovative Krestmark windows that deliver durable, low-maintenance vinyl with stylish features. Moreover, Coastal Insulation’s durable insulation in the exterior walls and spray foam insulation in ceilings provide soundproofing and add to the energy efficiency of the home.
The Parade of Homes™ has been a popular attraction since its start in 1958 and is brought to you by the Home Builders Association of West Florida, Westerheim Properties, Pensacola Energy, Ballinger Publishing, Pensacola Magazine, WEAR TV 3, COX, WXBM 102.7 FM.
Dates: September 12 – 20, 2020, with weekend hours from 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m., and weekdays 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Home Builders Association of West Florida
Built by Thomas Westerheim of Westerheim Properties
East Pensacola Heights, 840 Van Kirk Street, Pensacola, FL 32503
American Dream Home
East Pensacola Heights
840 Van Kirk Street, Pensacola, FL 32503
- 6/12 Roof Pitch
- Hardie Board and Batten, Hardie-Lap Siding, and Brick to Compliment Plan Design
- Designer Mahogany Double Front Door
- CertainTeed Landmark Shingles
- Pensacola Energy Natural Gas Advantage Elite Home
- Rinnai Gas Tankless Hot Water Heater
- Krestmark Energy Efficient Windows
- Carrier Infinity, 4 Ton/18 Seer Natural Gas System, Zoned System
- Indoor Natural Gas Fireplace and Outdoor Kitchen with Stainless Steel Natural Gas Grill
- Energy Efficient insulation in the 2 x 4 exterior walls and Open Cell Spray Foam insulation in ceilings. Insulation used in various interior walls and ceilings for soundproofing.
- Floor Plan Designed with Open Living Area Amenities that includes Spacious Indoor and Outdoor Entertaining
- 2,342 Square-Feet. 4 Bedrooms; 3 1/2 baths including oversized Master Bath, 3 spacious Bedrooms upstairs with bath, and a Spacious Multi-Purpose Great Room
- 350 Square-Foot detached Cabana with half-bath and storage room
- 9 Foot Ceilings Throughout
- Gourmet Kitchen with All Wood Custom Cabinets
- Custom Quartz Countertops
- Spacious Pantry Convenient to Kitchen Prep Area
- Bosch Kitchen Appliances including Natural Gas Range-Micro Drawer Two Single Wall ovens, French Door Refrigerator, Dishwasher, and Microwave Drawer
- Moen Gold Kitchen Faucets; Stainless Sinks and Pro-Flo toilets; Moen Lavatory Faucets and Showerheads; Free Standing Soaking Tub; Tile Walk-In Shower; Large Vanity Cabinet
- Mohawk RevWood Sandcastle Oak is the main flooring in great room, master bedroom, kitchen foyer and dining room. The Master Shower is complete with Titan Aqua Glossy with Bianca Carrara Penny Rounds Tile. Other areas include Tile Shaw revival Isabella Agate deco tile, Velocity Force Herringbone Deco Tile, Cabana Bath Chicago Southside Brick tile and Shaw Revival Isabella Agate deco tile.
- Large Master Closet with Custom Shelving
- Coat and Shoe Station in Foyer
- All Closets have Custom Shelving Built-In
- Designer Lighting Package with LED Flush Lighting in Multiple Areas and Under Counter Lighting in Kitchen
- Structured Wiring, Surround Sound and Outdoor audio
- Indoor Natural Gas Fireplace
- Outdoor Kitchen with Stainless Steel Natural Gas Grill
- Crown Molding and Cased Windows with Craftsman Baseboard and Casing
- Laundry Room designed for upstairs stackable Washer and Dryer
- Deluxe Landscaping Package w/ Sprinkler System
- Fully Sodded Yard with Custom Landscape Design and Planting
*Amenities are subject to change due to availability during construction.